Friday, February 15, 2008

The proud aunt...

Today I want to talk about my three wonderful nephews. All three are good students and the oldest (he's 15) is an athlete.
Well the reason for this entry is the oldest started running track and I had the pleasure of attending a meet Wednesday night. He runs the 1600 meter and most of the others running were juniors and seniors (with the exception of one little boy that we all thought was about 8.) Chris is a freshman and is almost 6' tall. He did very well placing 5th or 6th (I can't remember now which). But what made me so very proud of him was after the race was over for him he waited until the last runner finished (the same little boy) and gave that boy a high five. This child had gotten lapped by almost all of the other runners and the guy that finished first lapped him twice. This little boy didn't give up and everyone in the stands was even cheering him on. But to see my baby (God don't let him see this :)) being so mature really made my day.
Now for the middle one (who's 11). He's my angel. Jay was born with a heart defect and when he's old enough he'll have to have open heart surgery. This scares the life out of me. A few years ago he was diagnosed with an Arachnoid cyst on his brain (yes his brain). This causes him to have terrible headaches every day. He has to take several pills every day just to be ok. He's a little trooper, doing everything the doctors tell him.
And then there's my baby, the youngest. Nick is 9 and other than being born premature (all three were premiees) he really hasn't had any health problems. My biggest reason for being proud of him is just because he's so sweet. If you don't feel good he'll sit with you. He also does very good in school. He has had a ruff beginning to 2008. We found out a few week's ago that the poor child has had mono. I kept having to go check him out of school and they finally took him to the Dr. and they were told that he's probably been sick since the New Year. I, of course, picked on him about the little girls he's been kissing on (he hasn't mind you, just sharing soads).

Well the boss is coming so I better get back to work...

No comments: