Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Time to reflect...

Today, I'm sitting at work bored (very slow day) and I've had time to reflect on the last year. In March I met the most wonderful man and he fell for me :). By April I was totally in love with him (but I didn't tell him till later). We got promise rings and he gave me a beautiful heart shaped necklace. March also saw my ferret Zac getting sick and having to have surgery. His adrenal gland was abnormal and it caused almost all of his hair to fall out. He seemed to be recovering and was doing well. On July 5th I noticed that he was having trouble peeing and called the vet. I took my baby to the vet that morning and my worst fear came true, Zac had developed kidney stones and would have to have a catheder to relieve the stones. The vet also told me that this would be a recurring problem and I asked if putting him to sleep would be more humane. The vet told me that he would support whatever decision that I made. After a lot of crying and holding my baby I gave him to the vet and asked him to let him go. I knew it was the best decision, but it still hurt (and hurts to this day). The vet told me that Zac when peacefully and I took him home to bury him next to Zoe (my albino girl). I called my poor BF and left him a message that was mostly crying. He freaked out and called my work to see if I was ok and I told him what happened with Zac. He was relieved that I was ok, but tried to calm me cause he knew how much I loved my baby. (Zac is still with me, his picture sits on my desk here at work).

Back to happy things...

I celebrated my 30th birthday on November 3rd and got to see my DBF on the 4th :). He didn't get to give me my present until January though. 30 is an interesting age. I don't feel 30 and lots of people say I don't look 30. By the time my mom was my age, she was married and she had 2 kids (mom was 20 when my brother was born and 22 when I was born). I haven't gotten married yet and have no children. Oh well.
My DBF turned 38 on December 12 (yeah he's 8 years older than me). I didn't get to see him for his bday or Christmas, but did see him at the middle of January and then again the beginning of February.
I went to Target yesterday and they had the new My Little Pony Easter eggs (6 big eggs each with a ponyville pony in it). I purchased two sets, one for me and one for a girl at work for her little girl. The ponies are now sitting around my desk as I type :). If you didn't know I collect My Little Ponies and have since 1982. My first was Cotton Candy. I stopped collecting a few years ago when I was with my ex. He didn't like them and thought it was a waste of money (yeah, but he could spent tons of money on the next electronic gadget). Never mind him, my new man doesn't have a problem with MLP's and that's all that matters.

Better go the boss is coming :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.