Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back in the swing...

Well I haven't been blogging lately, mostly cause work's been a pain. I'm now managing our editorial staff (for 50 cents more per hour). And I swear I sometimes think they don't know how to listen to plain English. I tell them when the deadlines are and they decide to be 2 hours late.
I also now have an assistant (happy happy joy joy) who refuses to come to work on time and the general manager will not allow me to write her up. She also has a problem listening and doing her job. Her responsibilities include ad design and anything else that I tell her to do. Some of our advertising comes as Obituaries, I don't like doing them (it's rather depressing), but I still do them. Well one day I was busy with other projects and I told her to take the ads out of the basket and do them before she left for the day. I was leaving early cause I had worked till 10 pm the night before and was tired. I got to work the next day to find the Obit still in the basket, when I asked her about her response was "I didn't feel like doing it and those are boring." I informed her that boring or not that if I told her to do it, she should do it. God why do people act this way. Moving on to another act of ignorance. Our boss comes into the office a few week's ago and gets everyone in my office to announce that we were $10000 over budget for advertising revenue for January (mine you Jan is the worst month for newspapers). Everyone is excited and happy, except her. She comments well what does this mean for me. Thankfully the boss didn't hear this. After everyone else had left (with the exception of 2 editors) she said it again. I lost it. I looked at her and told her that her bonus was that she was gainfully employed and could keep her job. And that the extra revenue meant that we could possible get new equipment (her Mac's been acting up). She's still in her 90 day period so I'm hoping they'll let her go and get me someone with a brain.
On to happier things...
I've now been with my DBF for 11 months (yay). He's sweet as ever. For my 30th bday he gave me a 1/2 ct. 3 stone diamond anniversary ring. He just thought I deserved something pretty :). I got to see him at the first of the month (twice :)). I was supposed to see him this weekend, but he's been sick and found out last week that his diabetes now requires insulin. So the Navy grounded him until they can make sure he'll be ok to drive :(. But I'd rather him be safe than on the road and have a problem. His last day in the Navy is July 31st and after that we don't know what's going to happen. He's had job offers in Washington state, New Mexico and one to go to Kuwait for a year as an independent contractor. The money is really good and I'd be able to fly out every other month to see him :).
I haven't had time to work on my Dragon Ride lately, hoping to get back to it when things quite down a bit. I have been doing a lot of knitting.

Well I better get back to work...

No comments: