Monday, June 4, 2007

Weekend fun...

This past weekend was a fun trip. Me and mom spent Saturday sitting at a booth at a local community market. We were selling handmade jewelery, barrettes and some of my collection of Beanie Babies.
We got to the market about 8 am and began setting up our table. About 9 am the market officially opens (mind you this is an outside market so people are walking around before 9. We got a good spot in the shade, well mostly in the shade ;). We made almost a hundred dollars (mostly on the Beanies LOL). I walked around the market to see what everyone else had; there were a few other vendors selling jewelry (cheaper than mine, but mine looked better), one man was selling handcarved wooden roses. I had to buy some (2 dozen was only $12). They had a group set up down the street cooking what I thought was fried fish (turned out to be chicken wings) but it still smelled great. Some others were selling jambalaya and hot sausage po-boys. They had a band playing and we could hear them from the table. I got the biggest kick out of the little kids seeing the Beanies on the table and running up begging for "just one mommy".
We left the market and went to my Paw paw's house to check on the progress with my car bumper being painted (I hit a pole at the ex-BF's house and tore up the front bumper and the right headlight last October.) My uncle said the weather was finally warm enough to paint the bumper. When we got there they had already finished putting the fourth coat of paint on and it was drying :). So we had dinner with my Paw paw and two of my uncles. And when we left they remined us to come back on Sunday to get the car fixed.
I got up Sunday ready to go get the bumper fixed (the Credit Union that my loan is thru had the repair check in my Savings account with a hold on it until the repairs were done), but mom had clothes to wash and I started working on my Dragon Ride (cross stitch) and didn't want to stop. We finally went at about 2 pm, my uncles got the damaged bumper and headlight off and popped the new ones in place :)
I went today on my lunch break and got the funds released so I can pay for the paint and put a little up for my trip to CA this fall to visit my BF.

No comments: