Friday, June 1, 2007

What a difference a year makes :)

Where to start. Last year I was in a very bad place. In February my BF of 6 years decided to end our relationship. I was crushed, this was the man I thought was my soulmate. I spend two weeks in denial. I cried a lot, didn't sleep or eat, I lost a lot of weight (I didn't weight a lot to begin with). Friends were worried, my family was very worried. I hit rock bottom at week three. I was sitting at work, not getting anything done from the thoughts in my head. I looked over to my boss Rodney (who's like a second dad to me) and crying told him I was going to the Doctor to get help. That was the best decision for me. The doctor put me on Cymbalta (an antidepressant) and they have helped me a lot. After about a month apart he contacted me. I was the happiest person in the world. We stayed together until March of this year, but I wouldn't say seeing him once in three months being together. I realized that I really didn't love him any more, and I could tell the feeling was mutual.
In March I met my current BF. He's older (He's 37 and I'm 29), he's got 4 daughters and is getting ready to retire from the Navy. We met thru a mutual friend when he came this way and want to meet someone new. We went out with that friend and one of her other friends (very loud and obnoxious). He was on his way to Florida to drop off a bus at the base there. He asked me to go with him, but only knowing him for a few hours I didn't go. He came back thru that Sunday and we went out again, this time with another guy that he's friends with.
After that I decided to officially end the first relationship. I had some of his shorts and I backed them up and sent them along with a letter telling him goodbye. He didn't take it very well. He was upset that I didn't drive 45 minutes to his house to deliver the shorts (and retrieve the items that I had left). Oh well, he's never been happy with anything why should this be any different.
Now I can focus on my new relationship. I don't get to see him everyday, he lives in CA until next May. But I do get to talk to him almost everyday. He's been really good to me and very supportive of my decisions.
Last week I enrolled in school to become a Medical Transcriptionist (just for a part-time at home type thing) and he thought it was a great idea.

No comments: